Join our mailing list to stay informed about all the latest developments at the Campus.
Markets and Technologies Researcher
Established in 2004, BIC is a dynamic outcome driven consultancy business specialising in innovation and growth services to industry. We have offices in throughout Wales and work with clients across the UK and internationally.
Our areas of focus are in research and development, innovation, manufacturing processes, internationalisation, export, finance and business planning; we use our deep functional expertise and sector knowledge, coupled with our strong relationships with the public sector and industry to grow sustainable businesses. We work across multiple industries including the food and drink, manufacturing, healthcare and life science sectors.
On behalf of Welsh government, BIC is co-ordinating the delivery of the NutriWales Food Cluster and collaborates with Aberystwyth University to deliver the Future Foods Programme.
About the project
The Future Foods Programme has been specifically designed to the challenge of delivering world class expertise in food science, technology, nutrition, research and development to ambitious Welsh-based food businesses seeking to develop healthy, market-creating products targeted at UK and international markets. There is increasing recognition amongst Welsh food businesses, albeit from a low base, of the vital importance of engaging strategically in R&D to drive their future growth and competitiveness. The Future Foods programme will, therefore, provide a key pathway to stimulate engagement in R&D and deliver practical and focused academic, technical and commercial support for company-led R&D projects right through to market launch, and stimulate commercial investment in food R&D.
Projects that are likely to be developed will be in the following areas: advances in agriculture, food and drink, nutrition, sustainability as well as a wide range of general commercial and strategic due diligence assignments.
Funded via the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) with match funding from Welsh Government, the programme will run for 3 years and benefit companies operating in West Wales and the Valleys.
The Markets and Technologies Researcher role is full time (37.5 hrs/week) fixed term appointment and based at BIC Innovation’s offices at either SONY Technology Centre in Bridgend, Innovation Campus, Aberystwyth or the Menai Science Park, Anglesey.
About the Markets and Technologies Researcher Role
Reporting to the Cluster Facilitation Manager and working as part of the project team, the Markets and Technologies Researcher will play a key role in the delivery of high quality and timely commercial and technical information to help support a portfolio of R&D based project areas. We are looking for a highly self-motivated, organised individual with excellent written and verbal skills and a proven track record as an effective team player.
The individual being sought is likely to have previous experience of creating and presenting high quality market and technical reports from quick snapshot reviews through to in-depth sector analysis with experience of working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
What you will do
We are looking to recruit a Markets and Technologies Researcher to become a key member of the team. This person will be responsible for the design, delivery and presentation of market and technical insight information to underpin the delivery of a range of exciting Food R&D focused projects. This will be predominately an office based role with some client facing activity and an element of travel.
- Developing relevant recommendations and strategies for clients based on insight in the form of briefing papers, market research reports, technology horizon scanning reports, executive summaries and presentations
- Support the formulation of recommendations and prioritise possible next step actions with clients
- Shape and deliver specific packages of work considering the time and resources required to complete the work
- Manage multiple Food and Drink research projects of various sizes
- Contribute to client workshops in the form of presenting insights
- Contribute to writing proposals
- Business development and client support tasks can include activities such as attending trade show attendance, client presentation engagements, developing and supporting the presentation of commercial proposals
- Complete high quality research projects on time and under budget
- To undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post.
- To be committed to the Company’s Policies and Procedures
- Any other duties reasonably requested
- Accountable to the Cluster Facilitation Manager for achieving operational day-to-day activities associated with the delivery of the project objectives and deliverables
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'Markets and Technologies Researcher' in the subject.
For more information please see the Job Advert: Markets and Technologies Researcher Role